Kate's Bellybutton Lint Collection

I used to think blogs were self-indulgent navel gazing, but now I'm not so sure. From a practical standpoint, they're great for keeping up with friends, especially when you're awful about keeping in touch (like me). I know most people could probably care less what I think or do in a given week. For everyone else, this blog's for you! Enjoy my collection of hand-picked navel lint!

May 24, 2007

Dive: Monterey Breakwater

We had an OK dive in Monterey last Saturday. The water is becoming cloudy with organic matter after the clear, cold spell of winter. I just bought an underwater housing for my digital camera and was eager to try it out - some results below! We didn't see much that was new, and had to cut our second dive short because the housing started to leak a bit. In the composite below we have, from upper left clockwise: an aggregate of club-tipped anemones, a sunflower star, an anemone with a cluster of nudibranch eggs, and finally a sea cucumber. The sea cucumber threw me for a loop - I thought it was some kind of plant or a gorgonian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home