Kate's Bellybutton Lint Collection

I used to think blogs were self-indulgent navel gazing, but now I'm not so sure. From a practical standpoint, they're great for keeping up with friends, especially when you're awful about keeping in touch (like me). I know most people could probably care less what I think or do in a given week. For everyone else, this blog's for you! Enjoy my collection of hand-picked navel lint!

July 28, 2005

Brassiere Soup

It's funny, there are things I end up doing these days that were unimaginable two years ago. Like tonight, for example, I was simmering a bra in a big pot on my stove. That's right, a bra. The tongs I normally reserve for turning roasting peppers or flipping slabs of cooking meat--I was poking this bra with them, making sure it stayed submerged in the sea green liquid of the pot. Mmmm... brassiere boullabaise, anyone? With Burning Man just around the corner, all kinds of strange activities begin occuring in our household. I was actually dyeing a cheap white bra green to match a pair of harem pants. It's for a costume, of course, because the girls of the Winking Lotus camp are dressing as "dakinis" this year. A dakini, from what I understand, is a manifestation of the female spirit in Buddhism. There's no consensus on how a dakini looks, however--if you google the term you'll find topless figures wearing lots of jewlery, usually with a swath of fabric meandering around them. We're going to settle for something flowing and exotic looking, I guess. Amazing how hard it is to find a bright green bra these days, so I had to dye my own. It'll get decorated with sparkly jangly things as soon as it dries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home